Women contemplating abortion deserve to be aware of the health risks of this serious medical procedure. Depending on the type of abortion, risks can vary. Some risks to discuss with your provider or local pregnancy center are:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
Other risks include:
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to the cervix
- Scar tissue on the uterine wall
What Should I Do Before Getting An Abortion
Women can protect their health by having three things checked off their list before the procedure:
- Take a reliable pregnancy test
- Confirm pregnancy through ultrasound imaging
- Speak with a medical professional and review your health history
By doing these three simple things, you will:
- Receive more information on all your available options
- Help protect your health and safety
- Understand the risks and details so you can make an informed decision
What If I’m Unsure?
Women deserve to have all the information to make a decision they can feel confident and comfortable with for years to come. That’s why we encourage you to get the facts, know your options, and take the time and space necessary to make a clear decision.
You don’t have to have all the answers now; we can help you find them without making you feel rushed or pressured. This is your decision; we’re just here to provide you with the support and care you deserve.
Where Can I Go?
Here at Sound Choices, we have a medical team ready to assist you in safeguarding your health and wellness by meeting with you, discussing your options, and providing the answers you need to make a decision that’s right for you.
We also offer free pregnancy testing and ultrasound so you can receive more information on your options, confirm your pregnancy is viable, and ensure you’re not experiencing any health-threatening pregnancy complications. Request your free, confidential appointment today. We’re here for you.